- Writer’s Market 2017
- Writing the Break Out Novel by Donald Maass
- On Plot and Structure by James Scott Bell
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- The Power of Point of View by Alicia Rasley
- On Writing by Sol Stein
- Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight V. Swain
Advice to New Writers
- A passion is desired, but perseverance is needed.
- Take one step and then make it two. Baby steps okay. In fact, recommended at first.
- Set objectives. Start with small, measurable goals and build.
- Believe in your dream and hold it fast.
- Write a little or do something writing related everyday.
- Read, read and read some more—in all genres. Always read on your craft too.
- Start building a library.
- Join a writing group or find a critique buddy.
- Attend conferences. On line and otherwise. There are many free on line courses for writers.
- Follow a couple blogs you like or subscribe to authors’ newsletters.
- Be bold. Enter a contest, query a magazine, write a letter to the editor or write a newspaper article.
Follow Me On: